Posts in History
The original owner, Herman Kuhenbeaker, built this amazing stone structure in 1927. The stone was hauled on horse-drawn sleighs from nearby Pimple Hill. The sleighs made it easier to glide downhill in the winter months with the heavy stone. The surrounding land was used to grow blueberries sold by the truckloads to New York City bakeries. In the fall the land was enjoyed by sportsmen who hunted grouse, bear and white tail deer. Along comes Werner Wandschneider in 1954.